National Call to Action on the Opioid Crisis
North America is in the middle of a health crisis. Life expectancies are declining. Someone is dying every two hours in Canada from illicit drug overdose. The victims include the poor and forgotten but also our neighbours, family, and friends. Despite the thousands of deaths, they have remained largely invisible.
But not any more. Benjamin Perrin, a law professor at UBC, shines a light in this darkest of corners – and his findings challenge many assumptions about the crisis.
Join Perrin as he shares his journey from being former Prime Minister Stephen Harper's top criminal justice advisor (2012-13) to an advocate for a compassionate, evidence-based drug policy.
- Benjamin Perrin, author of Overdose: Heartbreak and Hope in Canada's Opioid Crisis
- Jason Mercredi, Executive Director, AIDS Saskatoon
- Representative from Mom's Stop the Harm (TBC)
- Representative from the Canadian Association for Safe Supply (TBC)
- May 01, 2020 at 6:30pm – 8pm
3130 8 St E
Saskatoon, SK S7H 0W2
Google map and directions